Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Monday 2 November 2020

Bobby Ball's Prayer

The comedian Bobby Ball recently died. In his book "My Life" he includes a prayer to share. He wrote this prayer himself and I would like to share it with you.

In this world of ever-changing faces, help me to stay on the straight line I was destined to be on.

Help me to try and put right my faults but to realise my strengths and gifts. Help me to be patient with others who are as impatient as myself.

Help me to learn the value of each minute of each day that I have on this earth, that I can bring love and happiness into someone else's life not just my own.

Teach me to be honest with myself because if I am not honest with myself first then it is impossible, to be honest with others.

Make me slow to speak but quick to listen because others have a point of view too.

Help me gain a little wisdom as each day goes by because the smallest grain of wisdom is worth all the riches on earth.

Grant me peace and serenity that I may enjoy the days that I have left on earth.

Help me see the good in others before the bad.

And last of all help me to do honest in all that I do because despite all our insecurities and faults, we are the children of God and he gave us life.

So I shall try each day to become a better human being and when my time comes to leave this wonderful world. I shall go to God in the knowledge that at least I tried.      

 Amen              

No comments:

Post a Comment