Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 12 July 2020

Things children say.

The day finally arrived. Yesterday my grandaughter, Brooklynne and I had the birthday shopping trip that we had been planning since her birthday at the beginning of June. We arrived at the White Rose shopping centre near Leeds as the shops were beginning to open for the day. This worked well as we hardly had to queue to go into any of the shops and social distancing wasn't a problem.
Although my Brooklynne is 12 years old, she is still immensely fond of cuddlies. Even though she could set up shop herself with all the cuddlies she has, she wanted to add to her collection. Not such an easy decision when there are so many to choose from.  It was a little like the advert on the TV where the little girl repeatedly says  to herself daddy or chips, daddy or chips,  as she is on her way home. Only it was squishmallow or stitch. For the uninitiated squishmallow is a supersoft cuddly  (see below) and stitch is a character from a Disney film
In Brooklynne's words,"they were  both sick !!!!!" Apparently, that means very good


This got me thinking about some of the other things my children and grandchildren have said;
My eldest daughter Rachael, when she was little, once asked me for a Clump from the buggared. What she actually wanted was a plum from the cupboard.
Rachael, again when she was little would sing head, shoulders cheese-on-toast! Of course, it should have been head, shoulders, knees and toes. May have had something to do her love of cheese.
Archie can recognise a heart-shaped shape and knows his hearbeat goes Lub Dub. He dropped the heart-shaped shape that he had in his hand and very loudly said, Oh no, I have dropped my heartbeat.
Archie's daddy is now back working in his office and Archie told me " Daddy go work, daddy play golf. If only, was daddies reply. My grandchildren brighten my day and make smile. I hope your grandchildren brighten your day and make you smile.
Jesus said many things but one of His famous sayings is  "Let the little children come to me"  Matthew 19:14)  God bless children everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment