Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Morning has broken


Good morning everyone.  You will know by now that Dave and I take a walk each morning, and, by whatever route, we end up in our prayer field.  As we reached the field, early on Sunday morning, I noticed that where it had rained in the night, little droplets of water had rested on the grass and were sparkling in the morning sunlight, especially when there was a slight breeze that made the grasses sway as if dancing.  It was like a field full of diamonds, it was quite beautiful and lifted my spirits so that I burst into song, singing "Morning has broken".  I just wanted to praise God for His creation. ( I know I don't sing well but I have pictures on my fridge that my grandchildren have drawn, they're not spectacular pieces of art, but I love them because they were made especially for me, and that how I like to think of God rejoicing in my less than tuneful singing.)

Dave and I commented on all the different grasses that had grown in the time that we have been praying in that field.  The field is full of different shades of green, cream, pink and lilac.  The grasses are interspersed with white clover, yellow buttercups and some pink flowers that I don't know the name of.  And as I looked around, particularly at all the different grasses, some short, some very tall now, I thought about how our church is made up of lots of different people, with different backgrounds, different personalities, different politics even, but one thing we all have in common is that we want to praise the Lord.  That is what unites us.  Like different grasses in one field, God placed us all together.  Let us therefore take joy in one another.  Instead of wanting everyone to be like us, let us appreciate the differences that make us one church, one body, strong because of our different gifts and skills, joining together.  Maybe then we will begin to sparkle, we will become so attractive that we catch the eyes of passers by and make them want to stop and praise God.








No comments:

Post a Comment