Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 28 June 2020

Hymns, shopping and puddles


This morning it was my great privilege to be part of a zoom welcoming service for Amy. Amy is now part of the clergy team here at St.John the Baptist Hey. She will be a lay worker until she is ordained later in the year. The service concluded with two members of the choir singing Amy’s favourite hymn, Love Divine all loves excelling and very well sung it was. Co-incidentally this is also one of my favourite hymns. I have always considered the singing of hymns as a way of praying and none more so than this hymn.  I have really missed this important part of worship during lockdown. I wonder what you have missed.

A few weeks ago I spoke of how I missed my grandaughters and how wonderful it was to see them again. It was my granddaughters birthday on the 6th of June and I promised to take her shopping. Not yet decided when that will be but I am really looking forward to it. It is so good to have something to look forward to. It can really lift your spirits and lighten your mood. Are you looking forward to something, please do let me know? Or maybe now that lockdown is gradually being lifted you have done something that you have really missed or was so looking forward to. 

My grandson Archie is a real water baby. When we go out for our daily walk, he almost always finds some water that he can splash about in. On this particular day, we were on our way to see the Alpacas but he was sidetracked by this big puddle. We never got to see the alpacas. Archie had a wonderful time, so did nana splashing and jumping about in the puddle. He went home very soggy indeed. He is quite a hardy little chap, being wet or cold doesn't seem to bother him.





csteel58@hotmail.com
07962576457

No comments:

Post a Comment