Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Wednesday 6 January 2021

This Too Shall Pass

I have a friend whose greatest fear is the dentist and when sat in the dentist chair she tells herself "It won't last forever, it will pass". 

When the prime minister was announcing yet another lockdown my heart sank even though I knew it was almost inevitable. As I listened to the news this morning, my heart sank even further. It all seemed to be doom and gloom. Brexit is causing chaos with medicines that children need to control their epilepsy. It seems China is being less than helpful in assisting WHO explore the origin of Covid-19, when out walking whatever you don't sit on a park bench or similar because the pandemic may be lurking there and there is the threat of the beast from the east returning causing further disruption to our lives.

I turned the radio off, I didn't want to listen any more. As I thought about what I had heard in the news bulletin, words similar to my friends came to mind "this too shall pass". The future is uncertain, we don't know when the pandemic will be brought under control.
Even though these words are not biblical, there is a real sense of hope in them.
 


https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.rS9eERhMHhO-2lt6uMc9KQHaHa&w=177&h=160&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.25&pid=3.1&rm=2







No comments:

Post a Comment