Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 31 January 2021

Teach me my God and King

 A few days ago, as I opened the bedroom curtains, I thought another wet and dreary day. I guess I was feeling a little fed up with lockdown, with all the restriction and the very wet weather. As I sat in silence contemplating the day ahead the first few words of a hymn came into mind:

Teach my God and King, in all things, thee to see.

Throughout the day these words kept coming back to me. Before going to bed I thought about the day and in my mind listed all those things in which God had taught me to see something of Him. So where did I see God that day:

In my Grandson Archie, taking care of God's creation, feeding the ducks




In all creatures great and small


In the healing of others, the skill of the doctors and nurses


In the cat, who decided to sit in the clock, which really did make me smile. 

In the butcher, who at some point in our conversation said "t least we are still breathing and not in hospital". He had a point.

Teach me my God and King, in all things thee to see. As I sat in silence, I realised God had done just that 

No comments:

Post a Comment