Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 17 January 2021

It was very good.

Yesterday I went for a walk which involved tramping across a golf course which was quite waterlogged in places? I had to navigate some very muddy footpaths and wade through several large puddles to get to where I was going. In case you were wondering why I was tramping across the golf course, there is a public right of way which goes through it. When the inclement weather hasn't stopped the golf, you do have to be careful that a flying golf ball doesn't hit you. 

 I was heading for a place called Bamford Barrista. It's not really a cafe, it's more like a pop-up coffee shop which sells the most delicious homemade cakes. I had a hot chocolate with all the extra goodies like marshmallows and cream and chocolate sprinkled on top, Yum Yum!! I resisted the temptation to indulge in a cake for myself but did treat Archie and his mummy and daddy. 

Today I went for a walk in Ashworth valley. It was very peaceful and quiet with some wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.

As I walked through a field which was a little off the beaten track, I could hear, the birds twittering to each other and the stream meandering through the valley down below. 

Yesterday and today I saw evidence of new life all around me  One proud mama showing off her little ones. 

Daffodils are starting to poke their heads above the ground, tiny buds are starting to appear on the hedgerows and the trees. I spotted this plant which has started to blossom and looked quite delicate, although the picture doesn't do justice to that. Taking its's habitat into consideration I think it must be hardier than it looks. Anyone know what it is.


The walk was quite adventurous as it involved climbing over styles, trying to avoid slipping in the mud, squelching through what a quagmire, crossing a bridge that had netting over some broken planks and the best bit of all wading through the stream. My excuse was I had to clean my wellies.!

God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day. (Genisis 1:31)


.  

No comments:

Post a Comment