Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 27 September 2020

 

What is your highlight of the week?

A question was recently asked of an online congregation “What was the highlight of your week” I wonder what was the highlight of your week? Please do let me know.

One of the highlights of my week was without a doubt seeing my grandson Archie on Tuesday. I hadn’t seen him for two weeks as he had been in isolation due to a child in his nursery testing positive for coronavirus. Archie is fit and well and didn’t contract the virus. Thank you, God.

Another highlight of my week was going for a family walk on Saturday morning. We went to Greenbooth reservoir, a local beauty spot close to where my daughter lives. The scenery is breath-taking with good views of Manchester. I couldn't help but stop and take in the view of God’s wonderful creation that was spread out before me. My daughter Louise remarked how fortunate we were to have this on our doorstep.



As you can see by the pictures the path was uneven in places with potholes full of water. The path brought to mind the ordinations that have taken place or are taking place in the Church of England. At the best of times, the path to ordination is not always smooth with potholes along the way and as with most other things Coronavirus has reaped havoc with ordination preparations. What a path has been trodden by all who have recently been ordained or soon will be ordained in the in the Church of England.

May God bless and guide them in their future ministries.

Revd Christine Steel

csteel58@hotmail.com


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment