Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 13 September 2020

Exciting

 

Excitement.

At the back of my house is a school playground which for obvious reasons until recently has been ominously quiet. Not everyone will agree with this but it was a great joy earlier this week when I opened my back door and I could hear the children in the playground. The sounds of excited children laughing, playing, kicking a ball, calling out to one another really brightened my day.

My two granddaughters returned to school this week. Kierey couldn’t wait to get back to school. She could hardly contain her excitement as she danced around telling me she was going to see her best friend the next day. She was even more delighted when she learnt she was going to be sat next to her in class.

My grandson Archie told me he was excited because he was going to the farm to see the animals and he was going to look for “bigger, bigger” puddles to splash in.

Recently I was excited to learn that singing although limited to a small group is now permissible in church.

There is great excitement in the Manchester Diocese as Bishop David took his seat in the House of the Lords on Monday and will represent the city and Manchester Diocese.

There is also great excitement as record numbers of clergy begin and finish training in Manchester

Excitement is growing as ordinands and deacons prepare to be ordained in Manchester Diocese over the coming weeks. We pray especially for Amy Elizabeth Sheridan to ordained deacon to St John the Baptist Hey on Wednesday 23rd September 2020.

I hope and pray that the ministry of all these ordinands, deacons and priests will be very fruitful.

What about you? During these difficult times, with further lockdown restrictions looming, what do you look forward to and what excites you?

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris

    I too was excited by the thought of some singing in church but I had no idea just how overcome I was going to be on hearing the beautiful sound of three unaccompanied voices; every fiber of my being was tingling as I listened. Praise God for the wonderful gifts he has given to our choir members.

    ReplyDelete