Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 7 February 2021

Tea Pod

Recently I have read much about a tea pod that has popped at the top of Birtle, "Valley View Tea Pod"  The pod is not far from where I live and today I made my first visit there. 

The tea pod is situated in a field at the top of a steep hill. The above sign was erected to encourage all would-be customers to keep going


It is well worth keeping going because as the name implies 
there are magnificent views of the surrounding countryside including Ashworth Valley. The snowy backdrop of the surrounding hills with panoramic views of Manchester and West Yorkshire looked very picturesque.

 
The tea pod is a real gem of a place with an amazing selection of homemade cakes on offer along with various pies. Although I was tempted to sample one of the delicious homemade cakes I did manage to resist. Probably just as well as my grandson Archie told his friend at nursery that he had a "big nana". Definitely, time to lose some of those lockdown pounds! However, I did succumb to having a Greenhalgh's hot pie, which was delicious but won't have done much for those extra pounds I would like to get rid of.  

There was such a feel-good quality surrounding the tea pod, with an air of peace and tranquillity. 

I am very fortunate and privileged to have such beautiful countryside virtually on my doorstep which I can enjoy whenever I like. Subsequently, my mind has turned to those who are not as fortunate as myself, those who for whatever reason can't get out and enjoy what the countryside has to offer. 

Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)


No comments:

Post a Comment