Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Sunday 6 December 2020

It always comes in three's

When I got in my car to go to church this morning, it wouldn't start. I have no idea why. As I tried to start it, running through my mind was something that my nana always used to say " It always comes in threes you know" I would look at her and say "what does?" She would reply "bad luck". I am not superstitious but my mobile phone has decided not to charge any more and have recently renewed my oven and hob because they broke. maybe she had a point!

I have also heard it said that good luck comes in threes. It is thought this saying has its origins in the saying third time lucky. This is the belief that after failing twice, you might get lucky the third time. In essence, what I am trying to say is if at first, you don't succeed, try and try again. Having said that no matter how many times I tried to start my car this it just would not go.

Going back to last weeks blog I suggested that in preparation for the coming of the Christ child you could try to set aside five minutes each day to prepare your hearts. I don't know if any of you have tried to do this and succeeded? If you have and you did, great, keep it up. If you haven't and you didn't, all is not lost. Why not start today, maybe after reading this Blog. If five minutes seems too much, try two or three minutes. It might be third time lucky or it might not be so. Remember if you don't succeed, try and try again. 

And now for something completely different. 

Sergio has settled in very well. Like all kittens, he is very inquisitive. He has decided he likes sleeping under the bed and is very much into investing cupboards and wardrobes. He darts in there as soon as the door is opened and locked in quite a few times. 


He is also quite vain! The song "You're  So Vain" by Carly Simon springs to mind.

I thought we could have a little competition. Perhaps you could send me a caption or the title of another song that would fit this picture or indeed the other one. You may even have a picture of your own that we could add a caption to.



Send to: csteel58@hotmail.com




 




No comments:

Post a Comment