Email updates

You can now register an email address to follow the Blog, just enter your email address in the box and follow the instructions. You will get a maximum of one email per day, but only when the blog has been updated.

Monday 10 August 2020

Technology Hiccup

 Apologies to all who tried to see the service of Holy Communion yesterday.  Following Amy's instructions, I practiced a live stream from my study at 7 am.  Although the instructions (or my following of them) didn't produce the desired result, quite by accident, I found another way of live streaming.  At 9 am, with the help of Christine, who was checking my mobile phone to see if a live stream alert was posted, the "accidental" method worked again.  

Confident that I had discovered another way to live stream, I repeated the process at 9.25 am.  No one went near the laptop from that point until, after the service, when I suddenly realised that we were still on camera when everyone was chatting after the service.  I rushed to stop the live stream, hoping to edit it before putting it on my YouTube channel.  

On getting home I discovered that the only footage was of the chatting.  This is very strange as no one touched the laptop from the time it was set up at 9.25 until I rushed to stop the recording.  

Being aware of previous hiccups, I had also recorded the service using my mobile phone to video the service as a backup.  I switched off the video as we processed out into the vestry.  

On getting home, I replayed the video.  Phew! at least that had recorded.  I was able to play it back on my mobile so at least I could put that onto the Blog.  I used my Brydge to move the video from my mobile to my laptop in order to put it on my Youtube channel.  What on earth was happening?  I got a message that it was not possible to play the video on YouTube as it was the wrong kind of video!

The only explanation I can think of is that when I put my mobile onto video on the altar at the beginning of the service, it converted the camera view from the laptop to my mobile, then when I switched the video off as we processed out, the laptop came back into play and recorded the chatting.

This technology scrambles my brain!  Even David, our resident expert, couldn't figure out how I had managed to mess this one up.  I can't wait for our newest team member, Amy, to recover from her dental surgery so that she can use the screen in church to show us all how to overcome these difficulties.

Get well soon Amy - please!  Seriously, will you all pray for Amy, she has struggled on while suffering greatly with toothache, followed by surgery, followed by a damaged nerve.  She needs to rest - so don't even think about responding if you're reading this Amy.


God bless you all and thank you for putting up with my technological inadequacies.  I have come a long way but there is still a long way to go.


Lyn



No comments:

Post a Comment